Thursday, March 17, 2011

2011-03-17 Mushrooms and Upcoming Tests

It is spring time and you know what that means....................MORELS!!!!!!!!  I am busy slowly working on the trailer to get it ready for the first mushroom forays of the spring.  There are morel sightings in Texas and Georgia, but none here yet, we are the last of the areas to get them.  But there is a foray by the Puget Sound Mycological Society for Verpas (early morels) on the 26th of this month.  Very very exciting.  It is not too far from here, so it could be a day trip.............the trailer still needs tires before I can take it out.  This weekend is the RV show at the Tacoma Dome, so I will be perusing the purveyors to see if anyone has a show special on tires.  Already printed my discount coupon for the show.

The dog is very excited about camping.  Every time I go out to the trailer, he hops in and lays down on the newly recovered cushions (meaning that there are muddy dog prints on my beautifully covered fabric cushions.  Oh well).  He just watches me putter around in it, and you can see his little mind dreaming of chasing squirrels and sitting by the campfire............I am excited too!

So the next tests that are coming up are a bone marrow biopsy on April 8 (ick, not looking forward to that at all) and then some cognitive testing to see what the effects the drugs are having on my ability to think.  Although I can tell you right now, I am highly distractable and not likely to remember anything you said five minutes ago.....oh, shiny, sparkly object..............what was I saying???????

Anyway, I won't have the biopsy results until the week after the test, but will post them as soon as I know anything.  Dr. O expects the results to be excellent, and if so, that means no more biopsy for at least 2 years!!!  Wouldn't that be great???

Off to scrub the trailer floor so I can lay the new peel and stick tiles and be ready to move stuff in!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment