Friday, January 14, 2011

1-14-11 Great Response to Sprycel

So at the three month mark, you have a blood test to see how many BCR-ABL cells are floating around.  They are the cells associated with the translocation of chromosomes 9 and 22 and are the hallmark of CML.  My test results were at .05%!  Down one hundred fold from the original findings.  So Sprycel is doing very very well.

I am learning to live with the side effects and to try and manage them.

My life will never be the same.  But as I perused the television last night, I stopped on Oprah for a moment.  Her guest was talking about weight loss, but said something that resonates with all of life.

You have to have a vision of what you want your life to look like.  Once you have that, you can then plan on how to achieve that.

So that is my task for this week.  To develop a vision of what I want my new life to look like.  I think that it will be a slower paced life, with time taken to enjoy what is around.  I will have to monitor my energy level and try and figure out when and how long to work.  And what does work look like for me?  I don't yet know.

I think that I still like the idea of working for myself, it gives me lots of flexibility for having bad days, and taking off when I have good days to take advantage of them.

Now I just need to restructure and reorganize.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment