Saturday, January 1, 2011

01-01-2011 On Prednisone

Happy New Year!  I was able to get a hold of my oncologist (who actually emailed me from her vacation to let me know that the cancer center was closed yesterday).  And she was able to call in a prescription for Prednisone to my local pharmacy.  I think it is working, the rashes are getting less.

But I forgot how Prednisone changes everything!  The bizarre happy side effect is that I have a ton of energy.  My body wants to go go go, but my lungs won't let me.  I felt great walking the dog, from a muscular point of view, but after two or three blocks just couldn't breath anymore.

The other funny side effect is that I am HUNGRY.  I haven't had much appetite because of the Sprycel, but Prednisone makes you starving all the damn time!

So with my new found energy, I took down the seasonal shrubbery.   And moved my favorite big red chair into the living room by the piano, where the tree was.  Oops, not a tree, a seasonal shrubbery.  And actually JR moved it. Poor man, doesn't like projects that he was not given notice of.  But when he mentioned that, again, I burst into tears, since I never know when I will have energy to do these things.

The other fun thing, we got a Total Gym for the holidays for ourselves, and I am having the best time with it.  It is fun to use, not hard on the joints at all, and there are a ton of different things you can do with it.  And it is now where the big red chair was on the landing, and thus the reason for bringing the red chair downstairs.

Well, I am off to try and cleanse my skin, it is beginning to heal, but that means things itch.  Sigh.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment