Friday, December 31, 2010

12-31-10 Is this year over yet?

Sorry I have been so silent lately,  I am somewhat stabilized on the drugs I guess.  And this is my new normal.  My biggest issue is that I don't have any of my lovely "bounce" back.  And I am having some nasty skin issues this week.  Of course it is a holiday weekend.  And no one is returning my calls or emails.  At either Cancer Center.

I posted the question regarding the skin issues on the discussion boards  (http://community.lls.org/community/bloodcancer/livingwith/cml) but the boards are having technical issues and I don't have any responses yet.

But those boards are absolutely a life saver for me.  There is a discussion group for just about everyone, caregivers, family members and each type of leukemia group has a sub discussion about what it is like to live with this crap.

I am hoping that the new year is better.

I have three resolutions for the new year.  Each designed to bring some more fun back.
1.  Make a new recipe once a week.
2.  Go to see each of the different month's exhibits at the Conservatory http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/page.php?id=21
3.  Get out and do one cool Tacoma event per month.  This town actually has a lot to do, and I am just hiding here in my house.


I went to the conservatory this week to see the Paperwhite exhibit.  They had amazing amaryllis as well.

Well, that about wraps up my year.

I wish everyone the best of health and happiness in the coming year.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment