Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11-23-10 BRRRRRR Snow! and Lasix

The Puget Sound region is gridlocked with 3 inches of snow and ice.  To all you who live in snow country, that might sound pretty woosy........and it is.  Except that since it rarely snows or ices over here, there are no snow plows and since we are so environmentally conscious out here, salt is considered a bad thing, so no salt goes down to MELT the ice and snow.

It has been fun to watch the news for the past two days, from my toasty warm couch covered in my favorite fleece pullover and blanketed with a warm blanket.  I felt very bad for anyone who tried to make it home from Seattle last night, especially those headed south towards Tacoma.  The one and only road south (I-5) was completely shut down for most of the night, stranding hundreds and hundreds of people in their cars, stuck on the highway for up to 10 hours.

They had a phone interview with some poor woman stuck in her car for 6 hours, and she was 7 months pregnant.  That made me upset, how awful for her!  And where do you piddle?  And what do you do if your gas runs out?

Then the phone rang at 3 am for JR to go to work at 5 am.  I was so worried about that that I could not go back to sleep without getting up and making him a huge thermos of hot coffee flavored with gingerbread eggnog to take with him.  It wasn't just HIS driving I was worried about, and he is a fabulous driver.  But he had to get in a van with a driver who is paid minimum wage, to be taken to his train 20 miles away.  That driver doesn't love my husband.  He will not make every human effort to make sure that he is safe.  Sigh.

At least it was going to be light out when the van came to take him from the office to the train.

Dark and slippery is worse than light and slippery.  Kind of.

We live on such a big hill, too.  There is a way down the hill that is longer but flatter, and he was going to make that call when he hit the main road down.  I haven't gotten a phone call and it is 11 am, so I am assuming that all is going well.

So I have also been having an interesting reaction to being put on the Lasix and Potassium supplement.  I have  ENERGY!  Yesterday was spent walking the doggie in the snow, racing with him around the bases at the ball field at top speed twice and then two more times at a walking pace, then tossing the tennis ball for about 10 minutes and then going back home to play with Gunner in his yard!  I have been singing my silly love songs to the dog, making up goofy words to old songs.  My favorite is "What do you get when you love a dog?  A smootch and a pootch to make it lovely, that's what you get when you love a digger...........snoot!  Lova lova lova dog. Yes, that, is what you get when you love your snooter-do."  Sung to "Never gonna fall in love"  with GUSTO.

And my brain seems to be firing on all cylinders again too.

I hope this lasts........



Now, all together, with Gusto!  "What do you get when you love a dog?....."

No comments:

Post a Comment