Friday, December 17, 2010

12-17-10 Holiday Cookies

Tomorrow is my annual cookie swap, so I have been slowly cleaning the house, don't really know what happened to the girl that was helping me, she called in sick one week, and poof, she was gone.  Oh well.  Have to find someone else I suppose.

The cookies have all come out great.  I made about 7 different cookies, with at least 4 dozen of each.  Each guest will bring their own 4 dozen cookies and we will all swap them out.  I have purchased cookie boxes so people can wrap them up and be ready to distribute as gifts!

I am looking forward to this a great deal.

So last I had written, the hot tub broke, the basement flooded and the tarp had blown off the trailer.  JR unfortunately said "well, at least the house won't fall down in the next week."

Silly man, tempting fate like that.

Three days ago, I went out the front door, and the house was falling down.  Specifically the gutter was hanging by a thread on the side of the porch.

I just laughed.  There was nothing I could do.  It wasn't going to go anywhere.  Ah well.

JR did not find any humor in it.  Sadly.

And then our neighbor Brian earned the Best Neighbor of the Week award.  Yesterday he knocked on the front door and asked me if I would like him to repair the gutter!  OMG!  Can you say fabulous.

So he took our ladder and 10 minutes later had fixed it!!!!!  He got my undying gratitude and a box of cookies!

This was the day after the window guy called me at 8:30 in the morning to tell me he was on his way.  (we did not have an appointment)  I was on my way out of town to Seattle for the day to see a client.  I phone up Bill on the other side of us, and he agreed to come over and supervise the window guy and lock up the house.

At the drop of a hat.

I have the BEST neighbors!!!!!

Also just had a wonderful holiday lunch with Steve and his wife, Jeanne.  Such nice people!  We met at Anthony's Seaport in Des Moines.  Yummmm.   And now I am going to crash.

I had three good days in a row and am now exhausted from feeling well.  I even managed to sleep the whole night through last night!  Woo Hoo.

Happy cookies to everyone.  And yay for congress for fixing the estate tax issue.....more on that later.  must nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment