Monday, October 25, 2010

10-25-10 Tired

Sorry that I have been silent this weekend, I am just so tired.

I am still short of breath, but in the mail today was a huge package from Bristol Myers, the makers of my medicine.  They have sent me a nice pill dispensing thingie, and a bunch of reading material, diaries and folders to keep track of what is going on.

And on page 7 of the booklet, it says that one of the side effects of Sprycel is (insert drumroll here), shortness of breath.  So I am not so worried.  I may not have mentioned that I was very worried about the shortness of breath.  I can't seem to walk more than a block without huffing and puffing and having to stop and try and catch my breath.

As a high energy person with lots of lovely bubbly energy, this has been very difficult.

Today's list of interesting things was that JR locked his keys in his trunk,............in SEATTLE.  I was supposed to meet my wonderful friend Carolyn (very funny story about our names, for another time, maybe) for sushi in Federal Way, so I knew I was going to leave the house today.

However, Michelle Obama was also trying to use the roads in Seattle.  And for some reason, she had priority.  They shut down the entire I-5 and I-90 corridors for her.  So I was winding my way through on the surface streets trying to listen for the traffic report on what WAS my favorite news radio station, when apparently in a fit of political correctness, the radio station hired a new reporter.  Who STUTTERS.  While I have sympathy for how hard it must be to stutter.  Radio is really NOT the right forum.  It took him forever to get the story out, and that made the news report (supposed to be on the "4"'s) not on time, and I missed one possible easy exit while waiting to hear what the slow down was for.  Sigh.

Lunch with Carolyn was a blast and afterwards we went for some lovely fresh bread at a local bakery known for it's Frenchness.  The baguette looks great, and dinner is going to be French onion soup with lots of wonderful melted cheesy goodness.

Then on the way home, I had to stop at the bank.  The check I deposited from my business account to my personal account last Friday, got lost in the system. When I looked at the deposit ticket, I realized that the money went into a foreign account, not one of mine.  So I stopped in Fife, a tiny little sneeze of a town, but they have a branch, and there were no people in line!  So I got service right away, and a very nice helpful fellow named Rex has tried to fix the problem.  I still don't have the money, but supposedly they are working on it.

Did I mention that dinner was going to be full of cheesy goodness?  It will make up for this I hope.

Hugs to all, and to all a good Hug.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment