Friday, October 29, 2010

10-29-10 Excellent White Count

Dr. Vivian was thrilled to show me lab work.  She said she was pretty sure I was going to be happy with it, and I AM!!  My white count is a mere 6, that's right folks, NORMAL.  This drug is working so fast.

Now a white blood cell count is not the end result we are looking for, but it is a good indicator that the Sprycel is working.  I can back off the weekly blood draws and go to two weeks then four weeks apart.

Yay!!

She explained that I still have millions of cancer cells floating around, they are just not making new ones, and the old ones should be dying off.  But then there was a very detailed discussion of stem cells and phosphates and enzymes that I tried to follow....and now I need to do more research to understand what she was talking about.

But boy am I happy.  I even had some energy today and went to work for a couple of hours.  Then I have been grooming the doggie a bit.  And found some fleas..........so an email to my wonderful Aunt Susan is in order......

Hugs!

2 comments: