Thursday, October 28, 2010

10-28-10 Brain Fog.........

So....JR comes in to my office where I have been catching up on email for a while, and he has has just walked the dog (isn't he great?). He remarks that he is hungry and going to get a bowl of cereal.  I quickly offer to make him breakfast, as I adore cooking for him.  He quickly takes me up on my offer as he adores my cooking.  We decide on bacon, eggs and toast, although I have also offered pancakes or eggnog french toast.

I go to get up, and realize that I just needed to answer one more email.

20 minutes later JR comes in and looks at me.  I look back at him.  He looks at my screen.  I am now piddlefarting along looking at a website about camping.  I say "just some camping stuff,"  and he gives me a funny look.

I think to myself, "what the hell?  I can't look at camping stuff?"

So he says, "Ok, I guess I'll just get a bowl of cereal."

My first thought is..........whatever.

Then comprehension dawns!

"OH MY GOSH--YOUR BREAKFAST!"

I bounce out of the chair and run to the kitchen. How did I forget I was going to cook him breakfast?

The message boards at the Leukemia Society talked about brain fogs.  I didn't understand what they meant until now.  I have like, zero, short term memory.  Noticed that yesterday too.  I can't keep recent thoughts or what someone JUST said, in my head.

Double sigh.

We are off to SCCA today for another round of Dr. appointments and blood draws.  Will post the new numbers later today!  I am expecting them to be very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment